The scholarship applies to the following fields:
- Indian classical music
- Indian classical dance
- Visual arts
- Folk traditional and indigenous arts
The duration of the scholarship is two years, during which a scholar will be trained under a guru in a recognized university. The background of the scholar is an important aspect in attaining a scholarship. During the course the scholars have to follow a very definite schedule of rigorous training and spend time in theoretical classes.
Each scholar will be given a sum of Rs. 5,000 each month for covering expenses.
You are eligible for the scholarship if you:
- Are an Indian national.
- Have adequate educational background.
- Can prove your keenness to follow the discipline thoroughly.
- Have a proper background knowledge in the discipline you want to follow. The advanced program is meant for those who already have basic knowledge.
- Have completed five years of training under a guru or institution. The present guru and former guru must sign in the application of the candidate duly before submission.
- Have associated knowledge to other arts (preferable).
- Not younger than 18 years and not over 25 years on 1 April, 2013.